Clubs & Societies
The Hall is currently used by the following groups
EQUI-FIT with Kelly
Wednesday 7 pm —8 pm Dyke Village Hall
A new fun and exciting class starting in Dyke, everyone welcome, you don’t have to be a horserider…..
What is Equifitness?
It’s a fun, upbeat exercise class specifically created for horse riders. We focus on strengthening the core, alignment, balance, building fitness and endurance, all exercises are built and choreographed together to help you with your seat and to build your rider fitness.
Who can come?
Although the class is specific for horse riders, all the exercises in class are great for anyone looking to get fit and have fun! We have nonriders come along too because they love it! Everyone welcome!
What to expect?
Fun, good music, community, upbeat and uplifting.
How to book your place…
Message or call Kelly 07834277023
What do I need to wear and bring with me?
Work out wear, leggings, t-shirt… trainers… whatever is comfortable for you.
Bring an exercise mat or old towel and a bottle of water.
Kelly Bromley is a nutritionist, health, life, and fitness coach.
Pilates Class with Max
Thursdays 0900-1000 Dyke Village Hall
What is Pilates?
- Non-Impact Exercises that improve Strength, Flexibility, Posture, Balance & Coordination as well as relieving stress and tension – it is an exercise for the Mind & Body.
- Suitable for ALL ages and abilities.
- Pilates was developed by German born Joseph Pilates, who realised that mental and physical health are closely linked. His method has been influenced by a range of exercises including yoga, gymnastics and martial arts.
What do I need?
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing, non-slip socks and bring along an exercise mat. Other equipment can be purchased from Max.
Who is Max?!
- Max has been a Chartered Physiotherapist since 1998 and is a Senior Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist at Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough. She is a Certified Matwork Class Instructor with the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute based in London having started her training in 2001. She has been teaching Pilates in Bourne since 2011. Max ensures that class participants receive clear instructions so that they can work at their own level and provides different classes every week. She uses a variety of small equipment to ensure that the body and mind are challenged but in a fun, safe and effective way.
- Cost is £9.00 per class. Classes are held mainly during school term-times. These are booked as a block in advance. If you are unable to attend, there will be a £5 refund.
- To Book or for further information Please Contact Max – 07912 554256/ e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dyke WI provides members and guests with a sociable evening where the focus is on community and friendship. The programme includes a variety of guest speakers and an opportunity to join in with local events.
The group meets every third Thursday at 7.30 pm in Dyke Village Hall.
All ladies welcome.
President: Helen Whitfield