News & Events
at Dyke Village Hall
The Len Pick Trust have kindly donated £1500 to Dyke Village Hall for the purchase of a defibrillator and cabinet through LIVES.
Kirsty Raywood from LIVES returned to conduct more Life-Saving training to local people. Kirsty returned with a colleague to provide efficient and informative tuition.
Altogether 48 people have received up to date training in emergency First Aid and using a defibrillator. Our grateful thanks to LIVES for their support.
As LIVES are all unpaid volunteers we collected donations for them and were able to donate £200 to help further their work.
The Scarecrow Festival 2020!
New dates for next year!
Friday 11th September, Saturday 12th September and Sunday 13th September 2020.
We will need:
- Craft and Artisan Stalls
- Bric-a Brac and Collectables
- Children focussed stalls
- Books and paper crafts
- Trade stands
- Charity stands
Bookings will open early in the new year.
Follow the Scarecrow Festival Link on this website for more details.
Scarecrow Festival Prize Draw: Results
- £100 cash prize donated by Johnsons Hotel Linen, won by John Seymour ticket no 982
- A luxury hamper from Hay’s Hampers, won by Emma Ball, no 725
- A voucher from The Grange Spa, won by John Smith, no 507
- A family ticket for Grimsthorpe Castle, won by Yvonne no 1400
- A family ticket for Burghley House, won by Adam Tams no. 1450
- 3 course meal for two at the Wishing Well Inn, won by Phillip Knowles no 70.
- 3 course meal for two at The Bull, Rippingale, won by Steve Saunders ticket no. 617
- An MOT voucher for Peter’s Cars, won by Mr Reade
- A gift from Hoppers jewellers, won by John Dickinson no 910 and June Hassett no 920 ( silver rings)
- A £20 garden voucher, won by Chris Stewart no 1252
- Makita Drill set from Branch Brothers, won by Glen no 154
- A bottle of 10 year old single malt, courtesy of the Corney family.
- Jars of jam, won by Mr Sparrow
The prizes were drawn on Sunday 8th September at the Scarecrow Festival.