News & Events
at Dyke Village Hall
The Len Pick Trust have kindly donated £1500 to Dyke Village Hall for the purchase of a defibrillator and cabinet through LIVES.
Kirsty Raywood from LIVES returned to conduct more Life-Saving training to local people. Kirsty returned with a colleague to provide efficient and informative tuition.
Altogether 48 people have received up to date training in emergency First Aid and using a defibrillator. Our grateful thanks to LIVES for their support.
As LIVES are all unpaid volunteers we collected donations for them and were able to donate £200 to help further their work.
Scarecrow Festival Prize Draw: Results
- £100 cash prize donated by Johnsons Hotel Linen, won by John Seymour ticket no 982
- A luxury hamper from Hay’s Hampers, won by Emma Ball, no 725
- A voucher from The Grange Spa, won by John Smith, no 507
- A family ticket for Grimsthorpe Castle, won by Yvonne no 1400
- A family ticket for Burghley House, won by Adam Tams no. 1450
- 3 course meal for two at the Wishing Well Inn, won by Phillip Knowles no 70.
- 3 course meal for two at The Bull, Rippingale, won by Steve Saunders ticket no. 617
- An MOT voucher for Peter’s Cars, won by Mr Reade
- A gift from Hoppers jewellers, won by John Dickinson no 910 and June Hassett no 920 ( silver rings)
- A £20 garden voucher, won by Chris Stewart no 1252
- Makita Drill set from Branch Brothers, won by Glen no 154
- A bottle of 10 year old single malt, courtesy of the Corney family.
- Jars of jam, won by Mr Sparrow
The prizes were drawn on Sunday 8th September at the Scarecrow Festival.
Tesco Bags of Help Award
On Wednesday 14th October, Tesco Community Champion, Vivien Hamilton, and Tesco Store Manager, Lisa, were shown the refurbishments to the toilets in the Village Hall. The Tesco ‘Bags of Help’ scheme managed by Groundwork, awarded the Village Hall Committee £4000 towards the refurbishment. The Village Hall Committee raised additional funds to pay for new vinyl flooring and a baby changing trolley. The Village Hall committee would like to thank, Dr Brian Parkinson and Anne Irwin (previous Chairperson and Secretary) for all their work applying for the funding and managing the application. The Committee are especially grateful to Tesco for their funding and support.
Dr Brian Parkinson, Lisa from Tesco, Ian Sismey, Town Clerk, and Vivien Hamilton, Tesco Community Champion